What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

1. Hiding the main lines

Sometimes, the main lines (between the central idea and the children) are useful at the begining of the process, but later other relationships (represented by dashed or solid lines) become much more significant. I think it would be very useful to be able to hide these lines, enhancing the visualization of the meaningful connections.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is it possible to use mindmup desktop with firefox

It would be great if there was an app for Firefox that will work with offline maps and ready to export maps in image format.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

hi – just noticed this one (sorry for a late reply, somehow it fell off my radar). what would you get from a firefox app that the existing chrome desktop app does not provide? I don’t mind supporting firefox if it’s something that is a blocker for people, but if it’s just duplicating the work that you can already do through chrome, we probably won’t be able to justify it.

3. Allow to add picture from clipboard to nodes

I used to use screen capture to capture idea on web screen while reading. this feature allows me to organize it to a mind map without tediously saving into a file and open it to a node.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improved pinch and zoom with touch interface

Zooming using two fingers with a touch interface isnot working well. The mindmap moves off center as a zoom. This would be nice to have corrected.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. lock nodes into labeled containers

I want to create templates that will allow users to reuse business tools. By allowing users to create labeled containers that would contain the nodes in a 'locked space' we can then begin to make use of the enormous number of graphical business tools available now.

Video best explains it
    http://youtu.be/f8VK3gsTygY

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. drag and drop url's

It would be verry handy to be able to drap url's to mindmup; when dropping there should be asked to give the (new) node a name. It should be attached as a child to the node where it is dropped

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. layout reset button

to reset to the automatic layout, after repositioning nodes manually and messing up the layout

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More padding (whitespace) around a map

I like to be able to position the current portion of whatever I am currently working on in the centre of my screen. The amount of padding around the map that the tool allocates doesn't allow this - I try to drag the background so that the furthest node on the screen is in the centre but I am unable to do so.

I find having my current idea centered helps me concentrate.

In addition, the floating toolbar covers up the nodes on the right of the screen. I can move the toolbar, but it makes more sense to be…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. track changes

I would like to be able to click an icon and it produce a pop up on each node that tells me who created it and/or has contributed to it

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Push to gist.github.com instead of github.com

Allow mindmup to push to gist.github.com instead of github.com

Key Reason: free way to keep mindmups private

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Per-node Progress Bar

If you add a ratio into the text box of a node, possibly preceded by an indicator (eg. "% 13/42"), a green progress bar fills up to that percentage of total width of the text-box appearing as its background... should be simple to do with js/jq using something like box-shadow insets...

var progress = parseFloat($(mapjs-node-textbox-entry));
    $("#mapjs-node-textbox-container").css("box-shadow", "inset "+(progress * mapjs-node.css("width") )+"px 0px 0px 0px #8AC007");

User can then update the progress bar by simple key-in of new ratio and it will update the progress bar on the fly. I think this would be a beneficial visual aid for tracking progress…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Central node to viewpoint node

A mindmap normaly starts from a central idear. In time or by another user the same mindmap is used from another perspecitve. F.e. a lawyer will have another perspective using law articles than a legislator. So he will need another perspective / view (= another central node). So, make i possible to change a node to a central node or enable views from another perspective (compare personal brain from brain technologies)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. create a mindmup from a website / part of a website

A mindmap should ben created from a website; al links from a certain page should be harvested and brought hierachically in the mup

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rich text in node's content

All rich text to appear in node's text content. For example, <b>Bold</b> will show as bold text

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. a Horizontal Hierarchy

i'd like to set up certain maps into a horizontal hierarchy - so that visual i can see things in a different perspective.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Node position freezing

The ability to freeze portions of the layout while adjusting other parts. Too often I end up fighting the automatic repositioning of nodes and groups that are adjusted after I move a different node or group.

This is desirable because the relative positioning of the bubbles is important to an intuitive understanding of how they relate functionally, and the engine that repositions groups of nodes occasionally makes it difficult to achieve the desired layout (within defined constraints).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. mindmup map deep urls autocenters to specific node

It is currently possible to create links between maps see http://blog.mindmup.com/2013/03/hyperlinks-in-nodes.html?showComment=1393867456889#c3163715184592638793

It would be great that these link provide ability to link to a specific node within a map. When opening this link, the specific node will be selected and centered on the middle of the screen.

I'm thinking the mindmup URL format could have an anchor part that targets a specific node.

Ideally, the browser address bar will change each time a node is selected (e.g. adding a short md5 hash of the node texte), and this link can be simply reused to deep link to that node.

Alternatively,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Protect Node from Accidental Deletion

Right click on a node and select "Protect from Accidental Deletion/Modification". While the undo-redo options are there... while collaborating, you may be unsure of the changes and this would act as a good safe.

Provide a warning prompt that this node is currently protected and cannot be modified without removing protection

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Map Jumps Around When Attempting to Select node

I few weeks back I notice maps started jumping around when trying to select a node. I can try to select several different nodes and still the same reaction. This seems to happen after several other nodes have been selected and moved.

To correct this, I usually have to save, close and re-open the browser. I'm on W8.1 PC with Firefox 32+.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What should we focus on next?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base