What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

1. Have a saved node pattern for later use

One should have their favorite node pattern saved and use for the next time

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer a PDF of the keyboard shortcuts that can be easily printed out

I want to use mindmup much more often and much faster. The keyboard shortcuts exist but I want to have the offline and on paper so I can learn to use them easily.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Quick color picker

Foreword: I do not prefer shift space shortcut. I want to see basic color palette.

Statement: It might be nice for this app not forcing me to click 5 times for visually pick a color. Currently I have to right click the node, Node Style, Background, select color, click OK.

Solution suggestions: How about right click + node color + select color (no OK button) = 3 steps
    Or, how about right click + select one of 5 MRU color = 2 steps

I regularly update my color backgrounds. However, as said before, I do not prefer using any shortcuts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it harder to accidentally drag nodes in top-down view

When I click on a node in top-down view, it is far too easy to accidentally move the mouse pointer one pixel in any direction, which has the effect of instantly disconnecting the node from its parent. There needs to be more wiggle room here.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integrate Excel or Sheets with Mind Map with grouping squares

I'm trying to create a visual layout of incomes and outcomes, and would love to connect numerical values to each income and outcome. It would be great to have this reference from an excel sheet, as its much easier to manipulate data on there and manually making sure that corresponds on the mind map is a hassle.

Also, a square that has a label to group multiple nodes together (Picture a bunch of expenses, some are daily, some monthly, some yearly) that encapsulates them into one square per grouping would help visually and effectively sort them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tooltip for notes. Show the notes in tooltip window on mouse hover.

To quickly go through added notes without opening in the huge sidebar window is very handy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A one click organise button!

For when the mindmap gets a bit messy through editing!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Connect one node to another node twice (two lines)

Connecting nodes to other nodes is already almost perfect with the many arrow and line options. I would like the ability to have two lines that connect the same two nodes. I use labels and colored lines to show character relationships. Sometimes the relationship only goes one way, but in other situations, I need to be able to have two arrows of different colors connecting the same nodes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "hide one level" keyboard shortcut doesn't work on Mac OS

I would like to have "hide one level" keyboard shortcut to work on Mac OS. Currently, it doesn't.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More detailed default preferences

I would like to be able to set more detailed default preferences in my mind map, rather than have to set every single node every time.

For example, I will ALWAYS want an image in a node to be 50x50 pixels, and sit below the node text. Why cant the tool remember I always do this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Fishbone/Ishikawa layout

I think it is very self-explanatory. The current layouts are basically "expand-out" formats. The Fishbone/Ishikawa keeps the name for the branch at the end of the branch and new banches build within the domain of the branch.
    It would be nice if hovering over the branch label would bring-up a pop-up window with the summary/description text... something useful to navigate the diagram, see what is missing and what has been checked out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. real-time ability to change the orientation of the entire argument map so that premises appear above conclusions, left of conclusions, etc.

Benefits

+ at least in philosophy, students are generally introduced to textual arguments with the conclusion at the bottom (under a line) and premises above and proceeding methodically downward toward the conclusion. It is good pedagogical practice to connect new material, e.g., how to graphically represent the inferential structure in arguments using an argument map, to material students have already learned. So, it would be pedagogically beneficial to be able to graphically represent arguments with MindMup in a way that students have already learned.

+ Ultimately, of course, there is nothing magical or obligatory about any particular convention for representing…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. May MindMup become integrated with Samepage dot io

I am in the process of creating an online membership community for international graduate engineering students in the USA.

They understand basic English so we can use Mindmup and other tools to collaboratively create educational modules.

We will publish these using Creative Commons while allowing for adaptations and commercial uses. Therefore anyone can translate these into their native language. They can make edits, revisions, and any other way to engage with their audiences online and offline.

I have outgrown my task management system. My search for one that is large and flexible led me to Samepage dot io. There are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. MindMup can integrate with Slack and their competition is SamePage and Coda that I am considering. I want these to interface.

LOTS of the options on Alternative To dot net have ways for teams to coordinate. Yet very few of them value or know of mind mapping.

I have no clue how those that are creative or have an abundance of administrative tasks can cope without mind mapping.

MindMup is super simple and elegant. Hopefully, when they have easy access to this tool they will experience less stress and smoother productivity.

Plus the way that MindMup can be used to make storyboards unto scripts, articles, and slide shows could streamline many workflows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support emojis in print / image export

Emojis are a really convenient way to annotate and categorise items in a mindmap (Freemind has similar functionality). Unfortunately, something in the export to image/PDF process converts emojis to tofu (they do survive the export to an outline in Word format, but that loses all the mappiness).

For instance the chilli emoji, 🌶, doesn't survive.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Storyboard exporting notes as body text (Word) or presenter text (PPT)

Storyboard only exports topic title as Heading 1. Would be nice if Storyboard also exported note data and links (as references, i.e. ref: https://www.alfasoft.com). This would be very usefull when usind Mindup as a writer tool (outlining tool), and also as a presentation tools (getting the needed speaker notes into my PPT presentation).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What should we focus on next?

Feedback and Knowledge Base