Skip to content

What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

753 results found

1. Ability to add an arbitrary label (text or image) to a node

It is often the case that a node is to be highlighted by text or an image. Having that ability along with options to position it anywhere within a node would be really helpful feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please integrate wide variety of creative common fonts english ( available free of cost)

Because there are limited number of fonts. It will add beauty to this website. If you would like to then add multiple languages also

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More level options when setting colors by level

Ideally for all the levels :) currently we can only set colors for up to level 4

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add "node parking lot" as a sidebar option

when bring storming, I really hope I can have a node parking lot on the side where I can drop off some floating nodes. I can drag them back on the map from the sidebar when I have an idea of where the floating node belongs to without have to zoom out to find it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show indicator on nodes that have hidden links to collapsed nodes

When a link is created to a node that is later collapsed, the link is hidden and there is no indication on the source node that is has any links. It would be great to be able to click an indicator (or keyboard shortcut) to show the links and the target nodes. It would probably be necessary to expand the ancestors of the target nodes.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Paste an image from clipbard directly into a node with cmd-V.

Wouldn't be cool to be able to paste an image from the clipboard directly into a node? You could easily grab content from the web/webinars/... and add your comments into child nodes!
    When you later open the map the rich/visual content will give you much more content and context!
    Pasting the image into a node should also resize it automatically (not ask me to do it).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow progress tracking across mindmups that belong to one product or release version

This would show progress across mindmups when we use them for different test cycles on different app build versions.

If I'm testing product ABC which will have different test cycles (1, 2, 3). I can see the improvement of the quality for product ABC based on the build versions we're testing

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a mother test suite wherein "module" test suites can be appended just by putting the a node with that test suite node name

If I have a test suite (product level), I can create a node with the exact name of the parent node of another test suite (module 1) inside the product level test suite and when linked with the module 1, it automatically appends all the entire module 1 mindmup. With this, I can maintain the product level test suite without being redundant. I can make module level mindmups and easily maintain an entire test suite for the entire product

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make sure the node you're working on doesn't move around when others collapse or expand

When a team works on a map and they collapse or expand their nodes, the nodes I'm working on gets moved around the map space. It gets confusing. I'm hoping the nodes I'm working on is always the center of my screen instead of being moved around because of the nodes being worked on by others

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make sure the node you're working on doesn't move around when others collapse or expand

When a team works on a map and they collapse or expand their nodes, the nodes I'm working on gets moved around the map space. It gets confusing. I'm hoping the nodes I'm working on is always the center of my screen instead of being moved around because of the nodes being worked on by others

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move some icons to a separate toolbar or menu (or allow toolbar position customization)

Move "Add sticky note" next to "Search" and then move all icons including "Add reason" to "Show/Hide hierarchial" to a separate toolbar or hidden from view off the end of the basic toolbar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For argument mapping, add arrows that aren't red or green

Dialogue mapping is used to help groups discuss wicked problems. MindMup is fantastic for this purpose! The only thing that dialogue mapping requires that MindMup doesn't already have is the ability to insert questions and answers. This could be easily accomplished by simply creating an arrow that isn't green for "pro" or red for "con," but is (perhaps) blue or black for "is an answer to the question" or "is a question that is prompted by the above."

I've been using MindMup to map dialogues on my campus already (using green arrows for "is an answer" or "is a question")…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After a map is done & collapsed, I'd like to be able to add one node at a time, esp when you have co-premises.

When presenting & the map is collapsed, it would be really helpful to be able to add one node at a time (when you have co-premises they all populate at the same time) so you don't get ahead of your audience or they get ahead of you. This would really enhance presentations for teams who are brainstorming, classes and jurors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you export the XBRL global standard format? Alternatively some sort of format that can be converted to the XBRL global standard format.

Your editor is good, but reusing the output is harder than it really needs to be. Being able to add rules, referencing nodes in rules, etc. would be extremely helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Indentation

As I am using mindmup to copy and paste code block to aid my memory in learning programming, I would love to see the original indentation of my code to see the logic more. The indentation exists when I am editing a cube but is being removed from view once I am finished with my editing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to drag multiple nodes in one action

My use case is mainly for sections of nodes connected with arrows (not parent-child relations) which I would like to select and move around keeping their connections and relative positioning the same.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Top Down Default

Please have a way of making the Top Down Map the default that opens up when you choose to create a map. Right now you have to open the default map and then choose to open ANOTHER new map with the top down option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. recover lost mindmap

Please explain that if your mindmap is blank (after building one) turn on the autosave to recover your mindmap:

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You cannot move a whole map, you cannot change the shape of the nodes just rectangular, cannot change font, the connected are limited

The connection between nodes needs to be creative, I say there are free versions with more options out there...you want to good mindmap fix the above, maps should be able to be moved by its main idea. Give options to search google pics from goog images..and give icons as many as you can to remind us difference between notes this is just text nothing creative.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Align nodes with other nodes

It would be very useful to be able to align multiple nodes, both horizontally and vertically, with some kind of guided feature similar to that in photoshop or https://www.draw.io/.

This feature would allow for more concise symmetry in mind maps rather than relying on the user to manually align nodes. I think this would vastly improve the aesthetic potential of MindMup.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?