What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

1. Search any text, not just node title

Currently it's only possible to search within node titles.
    As pointed out in this request: https://mindmup.uservoice.com/forums/200447-what-should-we-focus-on-next/suggestions/15831034-search-within-notes-not-just-node-titles it would also be good to be able to search within the Notes, otherwise it significantly reduces the usefulness of the notes.

It's currently possible to add text to arrows/links right now too. Being able to search the text added to the arrows and links is also important.

The general rule should be that if text can be directly added in the tool, it should be searchable.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. May MindMup become integrated with Samepage dot io

I am in the process of creating an online membership community for international graduate engineering students in the USA.

They understand basic English so we can use Mindmup and other tools to collaboratively create educational modules.

We will publish these using Creative Commons while allowing for adaptations and commercial uses. Therefore anyone can translate these into their native language. They can make edits, revisions, and any other way to engage with their audiences online and offline.

I have outgrown my task management system. My search for one that is large and flexible led me to Samepage dot io. There are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. apply node style changes to multiple nodes

I would like to be able to select multiple nodes and change the styles of all the selected nodes at once, instead of having to change them one at a time. It would also be helpful to be able to create my own named style instead of having to click through the 4 or 5 steps that are now required. Thanks.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MindMup can integrate with Slack and their competition is SamePage and Coda that I am considering. I want these to interface.

LOTS of the options on Alternative To dot net have ways for teams to coordinate. Yet very few of them value or know of mind mapping.

I have no clue how those that are creative or have an abundance of administrative tasks can cope without mind mapping.

MindMup is super simple and elegant. Hopefully, when they have easy access to this tool they will experience less stress and smoother productivity.

Plus the way that MindMup can be used to make storyboards unto scripts, articles, and slide shows could streamline many workflows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support emojis in print / image export

Emojis are a really convenient way to annotate and categorise items in a mindmap (Freemind has similar functionality). Unfortunately, something in the export to image/PDF process converts emojis to tofu (they do survive the export to an outline in Word format, but that loses all the mappiness).

For instance the chilli emoji, 🌶, doesn't survive.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bull's-Eye Diagrams

I would like to switch my mindmap to an alternate view where each mindmap item is in a 3-tier (each representing a priority in respect to time, effort and attention) bull's eye diagram. Each mindmap item retains it's color and other attributes, but is placed on a bullseye diagram.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Paypal payment for Gold registration

I do not want to enter my bank card information in your website. I need to be able to use Paypal (or a more secure way of payment) instead. I'd subscribe right away if I could use Paypal...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SPELLING ERROR - STRUCTURE WRITING PARAGRAPH

Structure writing

Use notes and attachments to quickly create a structure for an article or a writing assignment, then create a document outline and continue editing in your faviourite writing tool

faviourite - is spelled: favorite

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Revert change to the colorpicker, right now its too many clicks

Revert change to the colorpicker, right now its too many clicks, also make it so the text changes color to white if the color on hte node is too dark

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quick color picker

Foreword: I do not prefer shift space shortcut. I want to see basic color palette.

Statement: It might be nice for this app not forcing me to click 5 times for visually pick a color. Currently I have to right click the node, Node Style, Background, select color, click OK.

Solution suggestions: How about right click + node color + select color (no OK button) = 3 steps
    Or, how about right click + select one of 5 MRU color = 2 steps

I regularly update my color backgrounds. However, as said before, I do not prefer using any shortcuts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Fishbone/Ishikawa layout

I think it is very self-explanatory. The current layouts are basically "expand-out" formats. The Fishbone/Ishikawa keeps the name for the branch at the end of the branch and new banches build within the domain of the branch.
    It would be nice if hovering over the branch label would bring-up a pop-up window with the summary/description text... something useful to navigate the diagram, see what is missing and what has been checked out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it possible to have two/more parnt nodes that connect to the same child node(s)

WHY: using concept mapping for this throws off the entire mindmap and makes it harder to navigate through it. It should be obvious that multiple thought processes can end up in the same place -- mindmup should provide the ability to display that efficiently.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mindmup in 3D! Then we would be able to present complex systems in an easier way.

Trying to describe complex economic/ professional system, 2 dimensions are not enough. To put nodes and links with an other dimension can be more precise and easier to build and to show, so you should render a cube or a pyramid or a sphere, and give the ability to turn around the object depending on what you focus on? At least a cube would save me ;).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tooltip for notes. Show the notes in tooltip window on mouse hover.

To quickly go through added notes without opening in the huge sidebar window is very handy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)