What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

What would you like to be able to do?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add Fishbone/Ishikawa layout

I think it is very self-explanatory. The current layouts are basically "expand-out" formats. The Fishbone/Ishikawa keeps the name for the branch at the end of the branch and new banches build within the domain of the branch.
    It would be nice if hovering over the branch label would bring-up a pop-up window with the summary/description text... something useful to navigate the diagram, see what is missing and what has been checked out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to have two/more parnt nodes that connect to the same child node(s)

WHY: using concept mapping for this throws off the entire mindmap and makes it harder to navigate through it. It should be obvious that multiple thought processes can end up in the same place -- mindmup should provide the ability to display that efficiently.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mindmup in 3D! Then we would be able to present complex systems in an easier way.

Trying to describe complex economic/ professional system, 2 dimensions are not enough. To put nodes and links with an other dimension can be more precise and easier to build and to show, so you should render a cube or a pyramid or a sphere, and give the ability to turn around the object depending on what you focus on? At least a cube would save me ;).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tooltip for notes. Show the notes in tooltip window on mouse hover.

To quickly go through added notes without opening in the huge sidebar window is very handy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. g+et picktures in to the thing

det går ikke an og søge på et bilde og legge det rett inn i mindmup

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Storyboard exporting notes as body text (Word) or presenter text (PPT)

Storyboard only exports topic title as Heading 1. Would be nice if Storyboard also exported note data and links (as references, i.e. ref: https://www.alfasoft.com). This would be very usefull when usind Mindup as a writer tool (outlining tool), and also as a presentation tools (getting the needed speaker notes into my PPT presentation).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it harder to accidentally drag nodes in top-down view

When I click on a node in top-down view, it is far too easy to accidentally move the mouse pointer one pixel in any direction, which has the effect of instantly disconnecting the node from its parent. There needs to be more wiggle room here.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cycle through all connected nodes

On a big map it's difficult to follow connection line from one node to another. I would like to be able to quickly cycle through all connected nodes, including ones where a manual connection was made. It's difficult to find and navigate to manually connected nodes in very large maps

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to choose the size of the text

This would make it way easier to have continuity among all of the nodes on the map instead of just pushing the "larger node font" or "smaller node font buttons"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customise theme

Increase the number of customisable levels beyond 4. Adjust the number of customisable levels to the amount of levels used in the mindmap. Very useable in more complex mindmaps. Make RGB-colors possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Picture node text alignment

I'd love to be able to set the default text alignment on picture nodes so that i don't have to keep choosing 'above' from 'left'!

Thanks! You guys are doing some really great work keep it up i use your app every single day!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Work on one map center, update for all map files

If I have to continue working on diferents, or many maps, I have to open many files, and don't let me have a entire visualization, some time, maybe for mayority...working on one space that can contain all maps of differents files, then I don't need open all files for continue update, I only have to work on my space that I can change easily between maps, then each map file will be updated automatically. Thinking about you have 20 map files inserted in differents sites or wherever, will be productive you have to work only one maps center and updating…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Inside one map ability to use differents theme for different node root

This ability will helpfully...brainstorming...from enrich way of visualization of the matter

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. real-time ability to change the orientation of the entire argument map so that premises appear above conclusions, left of conclusions, etc.

Benefits

+ at least in philosophy, students are generally introduced to textual arguments with the conclusion at the bottom (under a line) and premises above and proceeding methodically downward toward the conclusion. It is good pedagogical practice to connect new material, e.g., how to graphically represent the inferential structure in arguments using an argument map, to material students have already learned. So, it would be pedagogically beneficial to be able to graphically represent arguments with MindMup in a way that students have already learned.

+ Ultimately, of course, there is nothing magical or obligatory about any particular convention for representing…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move nodes to a different order and have the outline reflect the new order.

I love this tool to help students organize their writing. The problem comes when students rearrange the nodes. The outline doesn't reflect the last saved version- it stays in the order that students first added the nodes. This negates most of the gain of the tool.

I'd also love it if the outline was dynamically linked to the mindmap and reflected changes in real time.

All that said- if any of this is doable and it's all been pilot error up to now, I'd be delighted!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to expand/collapse nodes for users with View-Only Access

Users with view only access in Google Drive should still be able to expand/collapse nodes so they can toggle the map without saving changes

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What should we focus on next?

Feedback and Knowledge Base