What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

What would you like to be able to do?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. theme editor for nodes

Allow, for example, to have dotted lines for nodes, or outlines with different weights.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search within NOTES, not just Node Titles

I've voted for the ability to Search in Attachments, but also need the ability to search within NOTES. If these can two processes can be developed together, great, otherwise, I figured this needs to be a separate topic. Here is a a link the other, related idea: (https://mindmup.uservoice.com/forums/200447-what-should-we-focus-on-next/suggestions/5779806-please-extend-the-search-to-text-within-node-attac)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FILTER

I'd like to use icons into the branches and then I'd like to filter only the branches with specific icon

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Merge two "MindMups" to one

Being able to merge another MindMup as a child or sibling to your own "MindMup" will allow people to work on their own part (sibling or child) of a bigger project, and the project manager can be able to put all "sub-mups" (child and siblings) together to a complete project MindMup.
    An alternative to merging MindMup's would be making it possible to assign a "child" or a "sibling" to a collaborator and that the only prt of a bigger project he can edit and develop.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to have notes displayed on map downloadaed as PNG

I do not see any integration of Mindmup to JIRA.I can see it only to google drive.

The only way I can upload my test scripts to JIRA is to download it as PNG and add it to Confluence Page.

Unfortunately with current application theres is no way to download it with Notes.

Well, my first preference would be to have integration with JIRA/Confluence.

Thanks
    Karthika

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Generate Gantt charts with dates i/o and costs for common project tasks management

To clic a button to generate Gantt charts with noted dates (begin & end) and costs calculation for common project tasks management could be a very good improvement to MindMup, you don't think so ?
    Also of course if the dates can also be linked to Google Agenda in the same time, it could be an heaven !

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. line thickness based on importance in mindmup 2.0

I find the small lines between nodes quite small. In the official Tony Buzan interpretation of mindmapping:
    "The central lines are thicker, organic and flowing, becoming thinner as they radiate out from the centre."

As for the organic and flowing part: well done. However, line thickness stresses the importance of a node and as such, I'd like to have it in mindmup 2.0!

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. map background color

I use Mindmup every day and I hope this feature will be implemented one day. It would make the maps more colorful and easier to read, which is an advantage for rote learning (among other things).

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. integrate google calendar

Allow users to insert a date/calendar entry into MindMup that syncs with google calendar. That way, when a user sees the calendar entry in the calendar they can click on the file and open the attached mindmup.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Compatibility with Grammarly

I love the new notes functionality in Mindmup 2.0! Recently I've been using the Grammarly Chrome plugin for checking my spelling and grammar, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with notes in MindMup, it will recommend changes but by clicking into Grammarly it deactivates the notes window so any changes through Grammarly are instantly lost. This isn't a major bugbear, but it does make writing long text sections less convenient.

Many thanks

Tom

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. convert file:// urls (local filesystem) to hyperlink

the fast hyperlink on the node is very convenient, what about converting also the urls starting with file:// and allow the user quickly accessing their local filesystem in the browser?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. fully functionable copy and paste of nodes and subtrees as text

demo of c and p not working
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvYYaks4RSY

please enable c and p of nodes and subtrees to be pasted as text into other applications.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. focus on a node and show only the associated branch

while focused on a node, show only:
    > upstream nodes leading to the selected node.
    > the subtree below the node.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add stock icons

add stock icons similar to what XMIND has. it's pretty useful to have icons such as 1,2,3,4 to identify priorities. Smileys and flags are also useful indicators. The workaround now is to upload the images as the icons.

263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Freer movement of parents and chidlren

At the moment you are very limited in where you can place Parents and Children-Perhaps introduce a "free" mode where you can place the Parents and Children wherever you want without everything automatically altering

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Node Attachment View

I already commented on some other idea in this forum with this, but I think this is really important. Many mind mapping tools are using so called notes view (node attachment in mindmup), but they are all doing it wrong. Maybe you think this is a bold statement, but with 15+ years of mindmapping experience I can assure you that notes (mindmup attachments) are integral part of any mindmapping/writing creative process. MindMap is visual way of structuring informations, but equally important is sequential (text) representation, which is after all final product of most export operations. The only software which is…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Smart Layout

It would be great to have choices in how the mindmap is laid out. The vertical orientation of the current mind map makes it difficult to see the "whole map" if you are sharing it in a web meeting for insights (i.e., online retrospective). This could be accomplished by some of the other suggestions such as "emphasizing major nodes" and the current collapse/expand subtree feature.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to place Text Box on the Map

Have the ability to place text box's anywhere on the map. For example, I color code nodes and would be nice to be able to place a legend on the map for others to understand what the colors mean.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)