What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

1. bug: parents ignore their own status when statuses are propagated upwards in tree

Parent nodes currently take the highest-priority status of all of their children, but ignore their own status. They should not ignore their own status when making the calculation.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle between story board and map

I would like a keystroke that toggled between a selected story board item and the same item (or items in the case of a bulleted entry) in the map.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reorganize floating menu box 'Add children' etc top for android mobile devices!

1. Place dedicated menu or menu 'Insert' - 'Add children, siblings, parents' top! It is the most used menu. Open menu box from node opens the top menu (Clipboard) automatically:-( The menu 'Add children etc.' is risky as the 'Delete' button just below and inappropriately touched lightly.
    2. Menu box opens under the hand = difficult to see choices. Any open in a horizontal menu OVER the node I touch?

I hope for a solution because it is too inconvenient to use MindMup on android devices compared to others.
    Otherwise many good solutions !! :-)

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Identifier for each node/box

Many a times the way we collaborate is that one person is showing the mind map by sharing his/her screen and others are watching it. OR
    The collaboration/discussion happens over email.

If somebody has a comment on one of the boxes then it'll help if each box/node has an id. So it becomes easier to refer to it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Group activity updates

To be able to see a if new nodes have been added to the map by others working on it recently.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export to graphviz

This looks like a trivial task to implement but could help with more exporting options: SVG, LaTeX etc.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recenter/zoom in feature

The ability to create a new map for a chosen subtree or possibly just a new view of a map centered around the chosen subtree and tuning out all the rest would be tremendously helpful in big maps.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add error message when trying to save to github without first initializing oauth

The feature at first did not seem to work for me: After enabling github extension, and press "File -> save as -> GitHub", nothing happens. I tried on both FF and chrome, on two distinct windows 7 computers. Am I missing something, or is the feature broker ?

However, after trying to rather choose "File->import > open from github", then I was proposed to grant mindmup oauth github scopes, and from then "save" seems to work.

Would be great to warn the user trying to save a map without first initializing through import, that (s)he should first init through trying…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to print just one specified Node and it's siblings

When focusing on just one Node of a large mind map it would be great to be able to just print that node on a separate sheet of paper. Clearly you can copy that node to a new temporary Mind Map and print it, but it's not ideal.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. (Un)Fold Nodes Faster on Large Maps

On maps with dozens or more nodes, folding and unfolding nodes takes about 5 seconds. Seems like it's maybe checking all the child nodes, to see their fold/unfolded state and how much space they take up? Or all the nodes on the map? Either way, makes working with large maps difficult.

P.S.
    Hopefully this isn't a duplicate. Couldn't find anything with various searches for "fold", "folding", "collapse", "collapsing", "faster", etc

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hover over node-boxes shows tooltip with attachement content.

When hovering over a node-box, a tooltip could appear showing the content of the attachement in that node.
    Or atleast the beginning up to a certain number of letters.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let's add a way to scale and add color to text.

Let's add a way to scale and add color to text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Possibility to link to an attachment in same/another MindMup from an attachment

I would like to see the possibility to make a link to another attchment in the same MindMup (or another Mindmup), from within an attachment.

In other words: Internal and external links to attachments.

This would make it possible for the reader of the MindMup to jump directly to (open) another attachment in the same or another MindMup.

If possible it would be nice if one could make it possible to link to a specific part of an attachment as well.

And at last, if possible to make the link open the linked attachment in a new browser-window (optionally) that…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Collapse for privacy

I use mindmup to manage/monitor projects for different clients. One central node is called "clients" under which I create one child for each client - meaning I will have all my clients as siblings. This becomes a privacy issue when working with a client as it is really hard to keep the other's clients names out of sight.
    Would be great to be able to collapse not only childs of a node but also, reversly, to be able to keep a fully expanded node and his childs, while collapsing that node's sibblings and parent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Possiblility to add a number to any given node which affect sort order of nodes on export

Possibility to add a number to any given node. If specified then the nodes on this level (with same parent), should be sorted in the HTML export, by this number. This way the creator of the MindMup could control in which order the nodes below any given parent is sorted.

An even better way to handle this, for more control and make it simpler to manage, is to mark any given parent in the MindMup and select the new menu: "sort order for export"
    Then a list of the existing children for that particular node should be listet vertically, with…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Possibility to add custom CSS for use when exporting to HTML file.

The idea is that the custom CSS is just added after existing CSS that is used by MindMap team, in the HTML file.

This could be implemented per MindMap, or stored per user. If possibility to store this per user, then maybe an option to override per MindMup would be nice. Mabye faster to implement if only per MindMup.

The reason I want this is that when I look at the existing font-size, colors etc (I added colors to some of my nodes) then the HTML file looked rather to colorful for my choise. Another ting is font-size, and different…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Facilitate viewing different aspects

Facilitate assocation types - currently links are just lines having a style. I would like to be able to classify the association links (could be as simple as just allowing a label on the link, but that is probably a different concept from class of association).

I would then like to be able to hide / show links based on their classification.

I would also like to be able to arrange the graph as if a particular association classification was the parent/child (containment) link and the original containment link was treated as an association is treated now (no effect on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to associate a node with a collaborator's icon

Make it possible to associate a node with a collaborator's icon, and allow multiple collaborators to be associated with a node.

This can be used for various purposes like assignment, voting, ownership...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What should we focus on next?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base