What would you like to be able to do?

Ability to filter which nodes are visible

Ability to filter which nodes are visible - based on status - eg don't show complete, or only show completed, or only show status > 10 etc

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Craig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would argue that without this feature the system has no meaning for us as a project tool. It is useful to get ideas out of your head, but to actually action them requires filters.

• Felipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an Extremely useful feature in FreeMind / FreePlane that I miss very much when I migrated to MindMup.

• Anatoly Yakubov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even without #tags it will be of great help.
    Filter by color (todo: red - today, yellow - this week, green - this month) would be nice option in filter dialog as well.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge feature for me from MindJet. It allows you to brainstorm and then tag nodes and filter your map based on "Phase 1", "Prospects", or whatever. Very useful!

• Sam Noertker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to add tags to a node and then be able to filter based on those tags. For instance, say I am storing research and I have various sources. I could tag each node with the given source and then filter based on the tags to see all nodes from a given source.

• Tommaso Sartor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the possibility to filter node visibility not only by progress status but also by custom tag/label. Using custom status would be quite the same, but with a easy way to add custom tags to nodes (ex. keyboard short cuts ) should be better for my typical use.

• Ismael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! My nodes can get pretty big. It would be great if there is a way to make the nodes smaller. On Microsoft Word, for instance, you can make text boxes smaller by dragging them to the desired size. It would be phenomenal if I could choose the size of my nodes rather than the default which has a node as big as the many texts in the nodes and that displays all the texts. Please update.

• Robert Orzanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am totally up for this as well.

For instance:

* Show only `Blocked` nodes
    * `Parked`
    * etc.

It could be implemented next to the labels in the `Progress` menu. There could be a button or check box next to each label to only show the respective one.

• Heidi van Schaik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so you mean as an enhancement to the progress extension? This is a great idea; I'll just see if I can scrounge up another vote or two...

Feedback and Knowledge Base