What would you like to be able to do?

Add numbers to nodes of the same level (like numbered bullets in a Word document)

Add an option to add numbers to all sub nodes of a node, so they re-number when the node is moved. Possibly extend this to all nodes in the mup.

In the example below, if '2. Another Tree' is moved up, it becomes '1. Another Tree'. If '1.2. branch b' is moved up it becomes '1.1. branch b', and the twigs/leaf a become 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 & 1.1.2.1

Forest
1. Tree
1.1. Branch a
1.2. Branch b
1.2.1. Twig a
1.2.2. Twig b
1.2.2.1. Leaf a
2. Another Tree

This allows a mindmup to be used as a procedure for someone to follow, with step numbers. I would find this useful.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gary MillerGary Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jerry SuppanJerry Suppan commented  · 

Based on a numeric system as exemplified here, to be able to change the view of such numerically sequenced nodes into an outline overview and present that outline numerical sequence in accordance to the numerical sequence of the nodes / subnodes of the mindmap. It is beneficial to have such alternative view of a mindmap on occasion by such hierarchical sequence so as to have a different perspective for the mind map structure. And, to be able to move (slide) nodes and sub-nodes within the outline as one might want to reorganize that data flow. Then, after the outline is modified and restructured, to be able to display a mindmap layout in accordance to the edits in the outline view. In short, have a hierarchical outline view and editor as an alternatvie perspective on the mindmap.

Feedback and Knowledge Base