What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

we implemented a workaround for a problem that caused this for some users, hopefully this will solve the problem for you as well. the new version should be globally available in about 30 minutes – after the new version loads your google authentication the first time, it should try to automatically refresh it in the background before it asks for reauthentication.

2. Task completion check button

I use Mindmup to to track milestones and critical tasks. It would be very helpful to have a one-click function that would add a checkmark to the node (or change node style) to indicate that the task has been completed. Changing to colour is a pain in the ass in the current version - too many steps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share (read only) a Mindmup through a link

From the share button, you can generate a link that gives reading permissions to anyone who has it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restrict access to team by only allowing team members to view maps.

Currently, if you create a team, everyone in the organization can view the team maps. For academic purposes, we need to be able to limit access to only members of the team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offer and quick and easy to enter my list of mindmups without needing to click several buttons on different screens.

When I am ready to work I want to begin NOW. Dealing with a few clicks before starting is irritating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add hierarchical numbering to standard maps.

This feature is really useful in Argument Visualisation mode, so I end up converting my maps to this format so I can refer to the numbered hierarchy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text in the nodes should link to a page that describes the content of the node

We use mind maps in our wiki as an overview. What we miss is to be able to jump to the wiki item directly from the overview map. We could link the mup to our wiki and then the single nodes back to the wiki (testautomationpatterns.org).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shared mindmups where people with different computers can contribute live time.

More than 1 person could be adding stuff to the mindmup live (real time)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Making smaller sub-teams for sharing maps

I want to be able to share maps that can only be accessed by an individual class (or Team). Currently I can only share maps with up to 10 emails, and my classes usually have more Ss than this. I would like to create a "Team" and then share a map with all members with one click.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Organisational admins can create teams, and you can share with everyone in a team – just ask your admin to assign everyone in your class to a team. here is how: https://www.mindmup.com/tutorials/teams.html

btw, the share by email also allows you to share with larger groups, but you can add up to 10 emails at a single time, so just click share again and paste more emails if you want. Creating a team would make it certainly more convenient.

10. The ability to add a child node coming from more than one parent node. (Multiple Parent Nodes)

I have a mup that I am making but I have come across a small issue. In my mup I need to show that two items coming together cause another. (So two parents nodes coming together cause the child.) I need the ability to show a child node coming from both parent node equally rather than connected to one fully and the other with and extra line.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export to txt file as CSV.

Export ordered nodes (root/child/...) as simple text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. MindMup app on Apple App Store

To allow easy on the go access for people as many have iPhones or iPads

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to make bowed connect lines that do not go through other nodes

I very much like the connecting node lines. However, as of now it is not possible to draw them in a way that they do not go through other nodes.

Let's say you have one node on the right side of the root node and one on the left. Creating a connection line will make it go straight through the root node.

I would like to have an additional option (next to dotted, solid, and colour) bowed that will make this line curved, trying to avoid other nodes and instead going around them.

I hope my request is clear.

Thanks…

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. hyperlink direct on the node

It is extra effort (friction) to open a note/attachment on a node then insert a link. Could we just attach a hyperlink directly on the node itself. Less clicks to add hyperlink and less clicks to access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. auto-saving every 60s

mind-map auto saves after 60s and this is very disrupting as it will not allow me to carrying on typing. I have to wait for it to finish auto-saving. The previous version where it auto-saves like google docs is much better as it would not disrupt me. How do i off auto-save????

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add hyperlinks to nodes/ add hyperlinks to texts ie text "Home" links to a webpage

This would allow developers to use the application and visually see the site structure.
    If I had a series of pages, ie
    Home page:
    http://www.genetex.com/
    pages on home menu:
    http://www.genetex.com/Web/News/NewsList.aspx
    http://www.genetex.com/Contact%20Us
    about,
    products
    etc,..

this feature would make mindmup perfect for mapping out a website layout. This would add another bit of unique value in that I feel developers need this, especially as a tool to communicate with their clients.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ensure Google Docs Collaboration Works after Realtime API is Deprecated November 2018

Mindmup's Google drive and realtime API based collaboration are two fundamental "killer" features, without them the product loses out very substantially to competitors.

Google will pull the realtime API November 2018, after this time those documents and features will likely stop working.

https://developers.google.com/google-apps/realtime/deprecation

It's essential (imho) to the future of Mindmup that effort should be put in now to ensure this does not affect user's existing work (it still loads after this time without any changes/conversion) and that those same app features are available after the API is withdrawn.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export Notes as well as Nodes to DOCX. Users can create/edit entire documents in MindMup in a visual way.

Export Notes as part of the DOCX export - that way users can create and edit complete documents or presentations in MindMup. It is much easier to organize and edit a large document in the form of a mind map. The mind map can be used as a summary (or presentation) while the exported DOCX can be used as an 'official' document (often required in academic and business situations).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. as a Mindmup user i would like to collaborate on mindmups with other Gold users.

My work recently discovered Mindmup. several of our teammates decided to buy their own licenses of Mindmup. it was great! it once we created a few maps we decided we need to go in and add some notes to other teammates maps but we cannot share those maps without them being published publicly. I feel that if you wish to share a map with someone, you should just have to add their email whether they have a different mindmup account or not.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

this is now possible for all existing gold users, you should just be able to load a map and collaborate with other people — use the share button in the top right corner and send an invite to another user.

for organisational gold users, you can also use the Share button to turn a private map into a “team map”, instantly available to all users of the same organisational account.

20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

What should we focus on next?

Categories