What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

1. A Group Function for a set of Children

A Group Function for a set of Children which can become a parent. Secondary function 1: stack children or display freely within the Group circle. Secondary function 2: resize the Group Circle. It may be easier from a developers POV to have the user create the group - as a child - then permit insertion of children within the group.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Table Node

One feature I see in lots of other mind maps is a small table in the node, thus giving the user the ability to list longer lists of related information without having to create many extra nodes.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sugestion: Work offline on iOS devices by app in order to take notes when there isn't an internet connection available

I usually take notes in lectures on my ipad, and there is not always an internet connection available. We need Work offline on iOS devices by app. In the past, the app had support for working offline.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Documentation

This is a pretty good mindmap app. It beats freemind, perhaps not in features, but because it is online editable. However, as a developer and sysad, I can say that the documentation is abysmal. I can figure out how to use the user interface just by playing around and that's about the only documentation available. I'm interested in running mindmup standalone. There's no real Q&A forum, AFAIK. I'm not proficient in Ruby yet, so there's a problem. I have too many questions to get started, so this might not be the place. The documentation is abysmal and mindmup won't work…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic timestamps for progress extension

It would be great to have a timestamp generated when I change the status of any node on my project. That way, we can keep track of when things get done or how long I have been working on something that is "in-progress". Maybe something like "user changed this node to 'in progress' on 11-22-2015 at 08:00 am" automatically written in the attachment?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

while this is getting enough votes to be actionable – just a note to anyone interested that you can export a map to HTML or tab indented text (just open file→export), this will produce a nice outline, that you can actually load up in word or any text editor and just convert into an article

7. French translation for Canada, France, Belgium, Switzerland and Africa

French translation for integration with Google Suite for Education
    I wish it was available in French, I'm availble to translate chain in french for free. Juste ask me :-)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Android users discriminated?

Sincerely, we need an app for offline situations, in some countries, as Spain, we still don't hace a whole territorial network supply.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Collapse some child nodes, but not all

I'd like the ability to collapse one or more child nodes, without collapsing all of them under the parent node.
    It would be easier to focus on one area of a large map and also make the overall map faster.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Map "fit to page"

I have a pretty big map but there are some nodes that are very far apart, even when I zoom all the way out. Is there a way to consolidate or shrink the white space between multiple nodes to get them at least as close as possible? This way, it's a roughed in layout and I can tweak for easier reading.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export links to Freemind.

Currently node links export to Freemind as text. (Also, the HTML tags are not closed.) Please fix!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. focus on a node and show only the associated branch

while focused on a node, show only:
    > upstream nodes leading to the selected node.
    > the subtree below the node.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Draw curve link lines between nodes

Right now the line you draw linking nodes it´s straight and crosses over nodes, should be better a curve lines like the ones that conects dependent nodes

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make keyboard shortcuts similar to Google Docs & Word

Google Docs (Google Sheets) has a distinct set of key-board shortcuts. Mindmup uses the same shortcuts to different purposes.

E.g. Enter = Edit cell (both for Word and Google Docs). However, in Mindmup a New item is being generated.

With integration with MS office / Google Docs becoming ever more prominent, it would greatly simplify things if only one set of short-cuts is used.

It would be nice to, for example, add a template of short-cuts that is more in line with the shortcuts used by MS office and google docs.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change map's BACKGROUND color (not nodes)

Looking to change the color of the actual background of a map, not any of the styling related to nodes, lines, etc. Just the background.

Sorry if this has already been addressed but the link to the blog's CSS style guide in most developer responses is broken!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. User-specific node colour outline for collaboration

I've been using MindMup for collaborating with people on breaking down large thorny problems into smaller sub-problems while showing reasoning steps.

Here are two examples of this (which require MindMup 2.0):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3e4kGv2b1RAUklFVFNKdllVd2M
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3e4kGv2b1RAakJsaUgyNExPR28

I would like assign a node-outline colour for users so I can keep track of who is making what recommendations. That way if I want clarification on a line of reasoning I can communicate with them directly. At this point this is performed manually by assigning the person a node colour and then getting them to apply that colour to each node they write. This is a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export Mind Map to MS Project & MS Visio

Export a Project Map to MS Project or a Process Map to Visio

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I came across another program where you can input freestyle several concepts and do the relationships later.

Freestype inputs and establishing sibling, child relationships later. This has the advantage of not blocking the free thinking side of the brain interrupted by the logical side.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement costs cells (ex 'measurements'), times cells and Gantt chart generation ?

Hello, to be able to write some cells for costs measurements (with an automatic total) and some times cells to have Gantt chart generation could improve this amazing and easy tool to the top of what I need.
    Don't you ?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Collaboration: show who is on line and edits where

In Google docs it shows who is online editing the document and shows with a color who is editing where. This would be very handy for collaboration.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

What should we focus on next?

Categories