What should we focus on next?

MindMup is community driven, so we’ll work on what our users want the most. For best results, please:
- Formulate ideas as work objectives (explain why, not just what/how). For example, ‘collaborate with friends remotely’ is much better than asking for ‘google realtime v2.0 integration’
- Do not submit stuff anonymously. We want to discuss your proposal with you if it gets votes, and anonymous submissions don’t allow us to do that. Ideas submitted anonymously will most likely be closed.

What would you like to be able to do?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. when adding a slide in a storyboard, add it after the selected slide

currently, the slide is added at the end of the deck. Big pain when you have a long presentation and you have to reinsert the slide. It would be so simple to add it after the selected slide in the storyboard view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fewer Clicks for Basic Functions and Better User Experience for Mindmup Gold

There are some basic functions that have an unnecessary number of clicks to achieve which negatively impact the user experience.

1) Logging in to gold account from www.mindmup.com – when you sign into your gold account using 'sign in' from landing page it takes you to your account information page. You then have to click 'Use Mindmup', which takes you to another landing page. Then click 'Open from Mindmup Gold' or 'Create New Map'. This is way too many steps to have to do every time one wants to use this platform. Sign in should take users directly to their…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you choose 'Print' the title should be added on the map

If I now print a map, and I do that often to look over it later on the day with a beer or cafe and a pencil :) It is annoying that I cannnot add the Title to the print out but have to write it down my self. If this can be added would be great!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. auto rename map on main topic

fiel_>new map
    [topic]
    rename it to abc....z
    the map name renames too automaticall
    //currentky
    you have to do it in the uppper left

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. save as mindmup button or key

with gold storage we have no the physical file on local disk, I'd like to have a button on the toolbar or even a key-shortcut to do that
    insted of
    file> save >mindmup> download> close the popup msg

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Box which can contain multiple nodes

Please include a box or border lines which can be drawn around multiples nodes along with text to indicate common features of those nodes. A closing curly braces "}text" can also be used of this purpose

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto save is not working properly

Dear Team,

I wanted to report that sometimes auto-save feature is giving lot of problem.

Because of some technical reason the auto-save would not work even if internet connection is there or is lost and then later restored. It keep trying to save and user doesn't have any option and fear about losing data, even if I download the file restoring that is not easy and clear.

Earlier feature about off-line working was easy where it use to check and ask that local content in changed and do I want to save the changes.

Regards,
    Manish

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Norwegian translation

I would like to have a translation into Norwegian. May offer my assistance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding Cut, Copy, Paste buttons and add them in the Edit Menu as in any app

I just discover your software today. It took me a while to discover than the standard keyboard shortcuts for copy, cut & paste are working in this app.

I thought about strategy for importing the map with the cutted piece into the other map, .... as workaround before discovering it was working with shortcuts .

Don't loose customers for that... It should not take you more than 5 min.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Distinguish arguments from explanations

Reasoning usually includes arguments and explanations. Being able to denote a brace as one or the other would be useful for argument visualization

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change locations of 'link' and 'note' within a node

Often in my maps I have both links and notes at each node. I've found that when publishing to Atlas, users may accidentally click on the link icon when they meant to click on a note icon, and vice versa.

Currently, both icons are located in the top right corner of the node. Would it be possible to adjust this, such that the link icon is say in the top right, and the note icon on the bottom right? This would avoid accidental click-through issues

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. node order displayed visually

it would be nice to have an option to show on each node the logical order in the map so when I export them in another format example MD I can see where they'll be placed and if not happy I can drag and drop before the export; at the moment on complex maps it's not that clear specially when you have moved nodes around from left to right or bottom to top

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow the "Insert Parent" button to function with root nodes

After trying for a while to add a parent nodes to a group of roots, I eventually found I could add a new root and drag the old roots onto it in order to convert them to child nodes. It would have been more intuitive to simply click one and insert a parent node.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. customize the atlas url username

the current atlas url are like

https://atlas.mindmup.com/username/something/html

ex for me

https://atlas.mindmup.com/marioamatucci/

this is not great would it be better to have them as anonymize (at least add an option for it)

I don't like I see my username mebedded in a published

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For argument mindmup - allow embedding of dynamic reference to the number of another claim or reason

Hello!

I love the fact that argument mindmups dynamically number all claims. (for my uses, this is the #1 competitive advantage of MindMup.)

It is often beneficial to reference one claim inside of another claim or reason.

For example, imagine a mindmup with the following sibling claims

1.1 -> "All dogs are brown"
    1.2 -> "Suffering and death from lack of food, shelter and medical care are bad."
    1.3 -> "If it is an individual's power to prevent something bad (1.2) from happening, without thereby sacrificing anything of comparable moral importance, we ought, morally to do it."

To keep claim…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Don't lose my data with a Jean-Luc Picard Facepalm

Is Mindmup a sensible, professional platform, or should we look elsewhere?

Just saying "doh" isn't good enough, clear recovery instructions to prevent data loss - and better still stopping / ensuring recovery automatically are what is needed.

Imagine Google's share price if they started to show a Patrick Stewart gif in response to temporary errors or made so little effort to ensue important information is recoverable.

This has showed up at work on our very stable internet connection, while I'm capturing notes in a meeting, I won't make that mistake again.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allowing embedding of interactive Mindmup into Onenote

Onenote is starting to support various embedded media:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Embed-content-in-OneNote-fd5abf7d-abd4-4902-8e5f-93088c45b11d
    Would be killer if you could embed mindmups in onenote since that's what we use for most of our work notes and communications. Great if you could see it right there, natively in onenote rather than having to open a browser.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Center view on youngest node.

We currently have the option to recenter our view on the root node. Could you please allow us to recenter our view onto the latest child node?

I have to make large flow charts and it is physically uncomfortable to constantly be staring at the far-right side of my screen where the latest node is located. I want my current work to be in the center.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Android users discriminated?

Sincerely, we need an app for offline situations, in some countries, as Spain, we still don't hace a whole territorial network supply.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Printing Outline Line Breaks, Presentation or Study Mode on Mobile Devices

Question # 1: in my prior mindmups long before I signed up for mindmup gold, there were CSS codes I think I was using where I can set each level of nodes with a certain color and font sizes
    as well as node image sizes. I don’t have that code nor do I remember how to use them anymore. I’m constantly resizing and sometimes even coloring the nodes themselves

Question # 2: Line Breaks, I checked the mindmup developers website and feature suggestions in the past and in the present. Line breaks can be entered using Shift + Enter but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

What should we focus on next?

Feedback and Knowledge Base